Yes, it’s been 6 months since the wonder and spectacle that was The Twelve Days of Craftmas (for those who missed out on this joyous festival please see the tab above). And since June is up there in terms of excitment – the World Cup, Wimbledon, Glastonbury Festival, MY 25th BIRTHDAY!! – I thought it was about time for another rollicking good craft festival.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you A Midsummer Day’s Dream!
Starting on the 21st of June, the Summer Solstice and longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere, I propose a fortnight (yes, 14 days!) of crafting, baking, music, articles, fun, community spirit and with any luck a little bit of sunshine.
Every day for 2 weeks something new to make, do, eat, drink, laugh about, think about or listen to will be posted right here for your enjoyment, in the hopes of making your start to the summer that little bit sunnier (or for my friends Down Under a little less chilly…though really one summer in Ireland and you’d be thanking your lucky stars for a Brisbane winter).
- Day 1 – Pilgrimage by Talitha Kuomi …Knitted lace cuff pattern with buttons, beads and personal treasures.
- Day 2 – Summer Solstice Yin Yoga Practice by Jessica Powers
- Day 3 – Flower Meadow by Evelyn Beer…Crocheted lace sweater.
- Day 4 – Crafting and the Art of Travel…featuring Stephanie Bryant and Gradskoolknitter.
- Day 5 - Interview with author Helena Close and Mango Muffins with Lime Icing by LittleFire
- Day 6 – Sweetie by Melissa J. Leavitt…knitted lace hat and photos of my finished ‘Pilgrimage’ cuffs
- Day 7 – Summer Solstice Aromatherapy by Jessica Powers…pampering aromatherapy recipes for body and soul.
- Day 8 – Midsummer Hearts Card by NicKnits…embroidered greeting cards, with instructions for how to make your pattern on computer.
- Day 9 – Interview with artist Susan Moloney
- Day 10 – Interview with Lee Meredith a.k.a. Leethal! and how to make perfect iced coffee.
- Day 11 – the case of the Missing Day shall be revealed soon…watch this space…
- Day 12 – ‘Heart Strings’ by Parisa Roohipour…a crochet pattern for sweet heart bunting
- Day 13 – Interview with Jillian van Ness and yummy Muesli Bar recipe
- Day 14 – Heartfelt and Hand Made (An Apologia) by Lilycobweb…on hand made and the Art of making memories