Wicked Witch of the West Pea Soup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound frozen peas (3 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup store-bought basil pesto plus additional for serving
- Simmer onion, and carrot in broth and water with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium saucepan, covered, until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add peas and simmer, uncovered, until bright green and tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in pesto.
- Then purée soup in 2 batches in a blender until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids).
- Season with salt. Add parmesan cheese if you’re feeling up to it!
And as an added bonus why not try Miss Regenerates…
Chocolate Truffle Snowballs
…super easy and a great way to use up all the chocolate from your selection boxes :)
- Melt milk chocolate in a bowl placed in a pan of water.
- Mix melted milk chocolate + museli together.
- Roll into balls.
- Roll balls in icing sugar, cocoa powder or coconut
- Then place in fridge until hardened.
Alix Cirac is a writer, traveller and all-round jammy sod, who is getting to go to South Africa during the World Cup for free, and doesn’t even watch football (Little Fire is jealous to say the least!). Follow Alix’s adventures at her blog.
Miss Regenerate a.k.a. May Cortazzi is the Director of Regenerate Clothing, an ethical fashion line that focuses on organic, handmade designer clothes. Check out the store and her latest ethical fashion podcast.