Super Easy Chocolate Fudge
Today a good friend of mine, Jill Casavecchia, leaves our lovely little village in Ireland and begins a new life in Brisbane, Australia. She arrived this morning after spending New Years somewhere over Abu Dhabi, I believe. Todays post is her wonderful, super simple but ridiculously tasty Chocolate Fudge recipe, that I hope you all enjoy. Thank you Jill for being a part of this project during such an exciting and busy time in your life!
- 1 lb. or 3 cups powdered sugar (icing sugar in the UK)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil/tin foil, allowing foil to extend over sides.
- Butter foil.
- In bowl, mix together sugar, cocoa and cinnamon.
- In a saucepan, heat butter and milk until butter melts.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Combine with sugar mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Use foil to lift out of pan. Cut into 2-inch squares. Diagonally cut each square in half, making triangles. (Garnish with whole nuts, if desired.)Makes 1 pound (32 servings)
Jill is a California/Arizona native, who has been living in Northern Ireland for the past four years and today arrives in Brisbane, Australia to begin another adventure. She is a Waldorf teacher, jewellery designer (check out her brilliant etsy store) and creative nut.