Yes, it’s been 6 months since the wonder and spectacle that was The Twelve Days of Craftmas (for those who missed out on this joyous festival please see the tab above). And since June is up there in terms of excitment – the World Cup, Wimbledon, Glastonbury Festival, MY 25th BIRTHDAY!! – I thought it was about time for another rollicking good craft festival.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you A Midsummer Day’s Dream!
Starting on the 21st of June, the Summer Solstice and longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere, I propose a fortnight (yes, 14 days!) of crafting, baking, music, articles, fun, community spirit and with any luck a little bit of sunshine.
Every day for 2 weeks something new to make, do, eat, drink, laugh about, think about or listen to will be posted right here for your enjoyment, in the hopes of making your start to the summer that little bit sunnier (or for my friends Down Under a little less chilly…though really one summer in Ireland and you’d be thanking your lucky stars for a Brisbane winter).
As always this is a collaborative community effort. I could not have done the Twelve Days of Craftmas without all the amazing people who dedicated time and effort to contributed to it.
So this is a call to everyone, ANYONE who would like to contribute to this crafty festival. If there is anything I can do to help facilitate your ideas or projects, please just let me know here and I would love to help any way I can. Here are a few ideas for things to contribute –
- Craft tutorials for knitting, crochet, making softies, embroidery, felting, jewellery making, anything crafty, original and fun. Photos or videos are what bring your projects alive so please include them if you can!
- Recipes for your favourite summer foods, drinks, treats, etc. Eating is fun, but eating in the sun is even more fun!
- Articles on any topics related to crafting or making or the Do-It-Yourself lifestyle, for perma-culture to recycling in your home…anything that enables us to be self-sufficient, putting the power back in our hands, literally.
- I’ll also be including some original music each day to help add to everyone’s Summer Soundtracks, so if you or someone you know who like to contribute anything please let me know. Recordings or vidoes will be linked or posted to the blog to be listened to and a bio or wee interview with the wondrous musician(s) would be included.
- I want to make this about things that people can do for themselves, for their families and friends, small actions that are all about creating things with their own two hands. I hope these will be things that anyone could feel like they could tackle and enjoy, without needing super special skills, equipment, money…just enthusiasm, knowing we’d all be trying it together.
These are just a few quick ideas and I’m sure there are many other things that would fit perfectly into this little ‘magazine’ we are building here so please don’t hesitate to pitch an idea or send something in. Chances are it’ll be just what we’re looking for :)
I hope everyone who can contribute something does. I know this isn’t tons of notice but I thought December was just too far away to wait to do something like this again. I hope you agree… :)